Monday 16 January 2012

Further 12-sided Ramblings

I've been mulling over a d12 based system for a little while now, and I have the dice mechanic more or less worked out. My only big thing now is rolling doubles.

System so far is thus: roll 2d12, subtract the lowest from the highest, and add a skill value between 0 and 3. Compare that to a target number.
At first I thought rolling double 1 and double 12 would do something special, either bad or good, but then I thought about the poor numbers in the middle, and wanted to give them something to hope for.

The current idea buzzing around my head is have them play out for the 4 seasons. Only problem now is working out the spread. Do I have 1-3, 4-6 and so on, or 1 4 7 10 and 2 5 8 11 and so on as sets. I don't want to make it too complicated, but I don't really want to involve other dice like a d4 at all.
Avoiding complication is why I'm trying to avoid each double doing a different thing, but I don't want it oversimplified with odds and evens or 1-6 and 7-12 (although I may give up and simplify to Summer and Winter if I have to).

Any feedback much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...